March 15, 2015 | Lent IV Year B

Numbers 21:4-9
Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22
Ephesians 2:1-10
John 3:14-21

Grace and Light


Grace meets you between two heartbeats.
In a blink, pulse, shift of breeze rippling cat's fur, all is changed.
All.
And the world, which leaned into its negative pole, glances,
fascinated by the positive, all
before breakfast, before the day's first tasks.
The great longing lifts
like a voice, like wings, and soars
effortlessly, splendidly, a thing of such joy
the birds stop singing and the animals
come out to listen. All the people put down their masks and
tools and stand awash in the moment. What
will we tell the children? How remember the instant
we glimpsed grace and knew true peace like
stars at night, water in the desert, the first great
breath on surfacing.


Blessing
 by poet/musician Patrice Haan
©2010 Patrice Haan


My mind, my spirit, my faith—all of me
sees clearly without a veil or screen.
So I received the greatest joy and wish,
and grace to me limitless!

from Emanations of Grace: Mystical Poems by 'A'ishah al-Ba'uniyah



Go in Peace by Sam Baker



So many light songs...What Light by Wilco, All Around the Light by Alexi Murdoch, Though I Saw the Light Shine also by Alexi Murdoch, This Little Light of Mine...

Grace songs include Home by Foo Fighters


Amazing Grace sung to House of the Rising Sun







Comments