April 21, 2013

Hello Everybody,

We are rolling right along.

Easter IV

Acts 9:36-43
Psalm 23
Revelation 7:9-17
John 10:22-30

23rd Psalm and Resurrection

I had a wonderful experience talking with the preacher/celebrant on for this week at Grace--Mary Petty Anderson. Mary is a WONDERFUL preacher. I think storytelling is in her bones. Can't wait to work with her on this service.

RESURRECTION SONGS:

So many good ones.

Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising"



We've used this one before during an Easter Vigil several years ago. So simple and powerful.


Of course Rise by Eddie Vedder works again here.


As I Rise by The Decemberists would be really great. And a good opportunity here to write some new lyrics. Sweet simple song.


This version here by Sister Rosetta Tharpe. Lord have mercy.





We've done this one as a solo--by our own Garth Edwards. His voice is a great mix of Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and Leonard Cohen and he plays a sweet guitar. Really good.

I think I've posted this one already, but we can never get enough Tom Jones.
:)




Psalm 23

 Bobby McFerrin's The Lord Is My Shepherd. A favorite.


Back in the day...with Keith Richards and Ziggy Marley.




Another one of my favorites--The Prayer Cycle by Jonathan Elias 
It was given to me by my boss a million years ago. This reminds me I need to buy a digital version.
SO beautiful. 
Here's a link to many of the selections on youtube.
Forgiveness is the 23rd Psalm
We've never pulled off any of these on a Sunday morning...some day!











Comments